IT WAS a fine weekend for Bishop's Stortford RFC as all three of their teams in action won their game.

The firsts enjoyed a comfortable 19-10 victory away to Chelmsford and bounced back from the previous week's home defeat against Cheshunt.

The second also played Chelmsford and edged to a 6-3 win in an atrocious game in appalling conditions. The final whistle was a relief to players and spectator alike.

There were no tries, with Joel Eley kicking two penalties to win it for Stortford.

The thirds completed the double over league leaders Hertford with an 18-7 win at Silver Leys to reclaim top spot in the Greene King Super Premier League.

Stortford, undefeated in the league all season, are just one match away from claiming the title.

Hertford won the toss and elected to receive the ball. After a clean catch and drive, the visitors were quickly into their stride and worked their way deep into the Stortford 22, where they remained for several minutes.

However, the home defence was excellent, and Hertford never threatened to breach their line.

Stortford opened the scoring after 15 minutes with an Alex Kiff penalty in front of the posts, and the lead was soon extended after some outstanding link play in the open. Scott Gleed, Jim Reynolds, Jeff Ridgwell, Alex Kiff and Campbell Shaw all combined to tear apart the Hertford defence and it was Reynolds who finished off the move under the posts. Kiff added the conversion.

The home team's advantage was further extended before the break when Kev Deamer scored a brilliantly worked solo try. Collecting a kick on the wing, he ran the ball back to Hertford before chipping over from the 22 and outpacing his opposite number to claim the try.

The conversion was missed, leaving the half time score at 15 - 0.

In the second half, Stortford had more possession, but never really threatened. Hertford appeared to lack the belief that they could win.

Kiff added another penalty before the visitors raised themselves for a final assault and eventually breached the Stortford line to score a consolation try.

Stortford's last league fixture is on April 7 against Barnet Saracens.

STORTFORD THIRDS: Swanson (sub: White 40min), Oliver, Seymour (sub: Imlach 65), Baines (sub: Pyper 55), Cairns, Craig, Ager (sub: Cartman 40), Gleed, Reynolds, Robinson, Kiff, Ridgwell, Page, Deamer, Shaw (sub: Glover 50).