CHAIRMAN Gary Deans has confirmed that ‘almost’ all Falkirk staff, including players and the management duo of David McCracken and Lee Miller, have been placed on furlough leave.

However, Deans has vowed to ensure no-one on the payroll at the Bairns is left out of pocket during the coronavirus shut-down.

The scheme allows clubs to place their workforce on temporary hiatus with the Government paying 80 per cent of their salary for up to three months. A swathe of SPFL sides have already utilised the initiative.

And Deans has revealed that Falkirk will pay the remaining 20 per cent of the wage bill so his staff don’t need to cope with pay cuts during a fraught period.

He explained: “The board of directors have taken the decision to utilise the support of the UK Government.

“Almost all of the players and staff have been placed on furlough from April 1st. We have kept a small team which is essential to support the core operations of the club and prepare us all for when this ends - as it will.

“The UK Government will cover 80 per cent of those staff wages during this period and the club WILL meet the remaining 20 per cent. No employee of Falkirk Football Club will be left out of pocket.”

Deans, who only ascended to the role of chairman in December, is adamant Falkirk have the foundations to emerge from the current crisis in a ‘stable’ position but readily admits that the situation will become a ‘little bit more difficult’ with each passing month.

He continued: “The freeing up of 80 per cent of the wage bill is a massive shot in the arm and, coupled with the firm foundations that were in place before the COVID-19 situation, we expect to come out the other end in a stable position.

“While we are in a stable position at the moment, every month that passes without income makes things just a little bit more difficult. We need to keep a close eye on everything; our cash, the support we get from the government, and the football situation.

“As things change, we have to react. That is only sensible.”

And Deans has revealed that the club are considering methods of fundraising which could be implemented in the future as he admitted that the support of the fans will swiftly become pivotal.

He added: “There will come a time when we ask the supporters to get behind the club again - by buying season tickets, shirts and sponsorship, for example - and we may also look at ways to raise money. We are exploring the possibilities there. But that time is NOT now.”