FRAN ALONSO hailed a “special” second half and insists “anything can happen” as Celtic salvaged their title and Champions League hopes with three goals after the break in front of a record SWPL crowd of 9553. 
It was a dramatic night at Celtic Park and left the home side just two points behind City, with defending champions Rangers third on goal difference – all three have two games to play. We needed something special after going 1-0 down. 
“It was an incredible second half, I am extremely proud of the girls. You don’t want to know what I said at half-time but the message was, ‘9000 people, you’re not making them proud at all’. Show some pride, show some passion and second half, just wow. What a performance.
“I’m so proud of the club for making this happen, for the fans and of course, my players. We wanted it to go down to the final day of the season. Anything can happen so it is fantastic for Scottish football.”
City took the game to their opponents in the opening exchanges. Their efforts came to fruition after 20 minutes when Lauren Davidson put them ahead. Central defender Jenna Clark threaded the ball out right and it should have been dealt with by one of Celtic’s most experienced defenders, Chloe Craig. Instead, she allowed it to run through to SWPL top scorer Davidson, who ran into the box and side-footed the ball past Pamela Tajonar for her 30th goal of the season.
Celtic had a good chance to equalise nine minutes into the second half following an uncharacteristic error by City goalkeeper Lee Gibson. Instead of catching Jacynta’s free kick she ineffectually punched it out and Hayes was just wide of the target with a shot.
Celtic went one better on the hour. Tajonar tipped away Anna Oscarsson’s header for a corner and her side made the most of the reprieve. Amy Gallacher passed the ball back to Natasha Flint at the other end – and from outside the box the on-loan striker drilled a terrific low shot which Gibson got a glove on but couldn’t stop. Celtic piled on the pressure and got their second 15 minutes from time.
They finally made a succession of corners tell when central defender Claire O’Riordan got her head on a Jacynta delivery. It took a slight deflection off Claire Walsh’s shoulder and that was enough to beat Gibson.
The home side made sure of the win eight minutes from the end. Substitute Kit Loferski latched on to a through ball and slipped the ball past Gibson. 

City manager Leanne Ross added: "First-half I could not fault the girls but I asked them to get higher up the pitch.
"In the first-half we were getting deeper and deeper. We ran out of steam and Celtic took the chances that they created.

"When there is an atmosphere the players get energy from that. I thought it was great to get those numbers and I hope they enjoyed the game.

"It is disappointing but we need to keep our focus against Thistle on Sunday and it just might come down to the last game against Rangers."